2013年12月11日 星期三


I always knew life is unfair. I am quite lucky most of the time, so I never make a fuss about it.

Due to my dual citizenship, I didn't go to a boarding school since I came to the UK. But the main reason is that I was not academic at all, so my parents don't think putting me into a boarding school would make much difference to me. Then I go to a state school in the South-Eastern England with working to working poor class white kids. It was fun, in terms of cultural experience. But in terms of academic, not so much, it leads to quite a lot of hassles...

However, I'm glad that I did go to this school. Because I see the difference between individuals from different families (or class, I don't like saying that, but I can't describe it better). I am from an middle-upper class family, that is the first perspective I gained. I gained the second perspective as I go to this state school, and as I make friends with others. Since I enter the sugar-dating, it brought me to an upper-class world, I gained the third perspective here.

Most of the friends in my school at my age, will have a part-time job. Especially in the Sixth Form, we only have 20 hours of lessons per week, so they can work long-hours, while I can focus on doing my revision or shopping to make myself happy. And what I spent in a week might possibly is what they earn in a month.

I know a lot of my other friends hate going to fastfood chains restaurant or cafe , they actually refuse to go even if we're starving and shivering on the street at 3am. And all the SD I know refuse to go either, I literally have to drag Mister into a McDonald once, because we were in the departure gate in the middle of nowhere of the airport and I am starving. He kept insisting that we can walk and find a nicer restaurant. During a school trip, two of our friends left us in Wetherspoon and go to Burger King instead because Wetherspoon is two pounds more expensive than B.K. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind either. But I just feel like the two pounds didn't worth the arguments and ruining a great time.

And a few of my schoolmates are struggling to go to university because they cannot get the loan or bursary. These are the problems I have never thought of, because my parent would pay for it. And I am very likely to get a bursary from either the university or my hometown government or both. I can see the struggle of kids that are not from a wealthy family or doing excellent in school. Sometimes I can't imagine what can I do for myself if I am in their situations.

I know how lucky I am, in everything. And I feel lucky that I wasn't brought up in one type of environment only.

沒有留言:

張貼留言